Heat exchangers: operating in Ammonia oxidation plants
- Perform an important role for heat recovery and steam production
- Operating fairly close to engineering design temperature limits (eg. Creep)
- Longevity & sustainable performance desired
- Time consuming to maintain / repair / replace
- Precious metals deposit on heat exchangers
- Other process materials can also deposit (eg. Debris)
- During operation thermal efficiency is progressively reduced with the following effects:
- Increased component & equipment temperatures locally and downstream
- Reduced steam production
BDB Services (URSG)
Industrial Cleaning – Non-Destructive / Non-Acidic
- Safe, Effective & Environmentally Friendly cleaning methods
- The use of patent pending Non-Acidic cleaning technologies and high pressure washing solutions to remove robust surface deposits and maximise plant efficiencies.
- Non-acidic cleaning mitigates risk of damage to operational plant and equipment and is a much safer option than alternatives.
Industrial Cleaning – Destructive / Acidic
- Using a concentrated acidic solution to aggressively break surface deposits away from steel tubes / shells to maximise PGM recovery.
Industrial Cleaning – Recovery from other Vessels
- PGM’s can also collect in downstream vessels including storage tanks
- Safe working methodologies & risk assessments to assist plants
- Experienced team & ability to efficiently recover, filter, neutralise and prepare PGM bearing materials ready for shipment.
Precious Metal Recovery
- Collection, filtration & packaging of surface contamination resulting from the industrial clean.
- Packaged material may be shipped to a facility for refining & recovery of platinum group metals (PGMs).
- BDB (URSG) have refining facilities in the USA & Norway, offering clients a “one stop” option.
- URSG – Joplin Missouri www.unitedrecoveryservices.com
- K.A. Rasmussen – Norway www.ka-rasmussen.no